Friday, November 12, 2010

Everything but the Moo!

Have you ever thought about how difficult it would be to be a vegan? Now, I'm not talking vegetarian, because that's a whole different conversation. Vegan...not using any part of the animal...where do they get their products?
Think about everything you use on a day to day basis. Could you do it? Obviously, I am not a vegan, nor do I ever plan to be because, well frankly, I like my pasta and my jell-o a little too much!

Take a look at this picture and see how many things on here you use every day.

I don't know about you, but that looks like a lot of things to me! If you are a vegan, or know one, please ask them how they do it!! Everything they use almost has to be homemade! And even then you might use things made from animal remains. I have never met a vegan before so I have always been curious that!

Now vegetarianism, that's a whole different ordeal! Even though I am not, I can understand and see how you could live by doing that! Not eating meat would actually be a fairly simple task! However it is not nearly as healthy for you! Meat is a great source of Zinc, Iron, and especially protein! I am not going to sit here and tell you that you should eat red meat or you will not be a good person! That is one more challenge college has thrown at me...my roommate is a vegetarian! Does this affect our friendship and revolve around all our conversations..? of course not! But, it has made me look a little bit differently and made me dig a little bit deeper within myself to really see why I DO eat red meat. Ever thought about that? Why do you do that? My first response was, "Well, I was raised that way!" But some have more reasons not to! If we want to better promote the beef industry, we must think of better ways to advertise and promote beef. For instance: Did you know that beef has 7 grams of protein per ounce, whereas tofu only has 2.3 grams per ounce?

No comments:

Post a Comment