Monday, December 20, 2010

*S*N*O*W* and Show Cattle!

Home Sweet Home! When I came home for Thanksgiving, it was like I never left. However, when I left Manhattan this time, it was 35 degrees, when I arrived in South Dakota, there was over a foot of snow on the ground and it was approximately 3 degrees! This time, I knew I had been gone a long time! The snow is something I do enjoy though! I just don't like it when I have to travel anywhere, like I did today! Thank God for my cousin who lives up the road from me and the fact that he had to travel through the snow drift to get to his dad's place. If he wouldn't have driven through that with his pickup, I would never have gotten my car through! The road I live on is rarely plowed soon after it snows, so we deal with driving through snow drifts for quite some time before they finally clear it! Oh well I guess, makes us either learn to be a better driver, or we stay home!

This time coming home, I finally got back into the show barn! It is going to be a pretty crazy month for me! My brother and I have 8 bulls and 2 heifers to get ready for shows this winter! Plus, we just got 2 steers dropped off  at his place! Like I said, it's going to be a busy month! But it was so great to be back in the barn! I have defidently missed that! It's nice to have heaters in there too so we don't freeze! Only downside is, there is a heater to keep the wash rack warm, but the water is still ice cold! :( Oh well, Small price to pay I guess! At least there is a heater at all or my Kansas-adjusted body would be frozen!

We will be headed to the small show in Brookings on December 28th, and then off to Mitchell on the 29th. I'll be sure to keep you posted on how it all goes and post pictures if we get any taken! :) Thanks to all of you who have been following my blog! Hope you all stay warm in this cold weather(unless you are fortunate enough to be in a warm climate) and have a safe and very Merry Christmas! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment